Zetco Valves Pty Ltd has implemented measures to comply with our obligations under the relevant Australian privacy laws in order to protect the privacy of any personal information we hold. This policy describes the way that we collect, hold and disclose personal information about individuals.
“Personal information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect and hold your personal information to allow us to perform our business functions. For example, we may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Zetco promotion or to allow us to market our current and future products and services to you.
What personal information do we hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you. The types of personal information we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us and may (but does not always) include your name, gender, date of birth, address, contact details as well as any information about you which you have provided to us through promotions or surveys.
What if you don’t provide us with the personal information we request?
If you don’t provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested. How do we collect personal information? We usually collect personal information directly from you such as when you:
- contact us by phone or email
- participate in a promotion or competition conducted by us
- participate in a survey conducted by us
- make a purchase from our website
In some circumstances however, we may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where we do so, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant privacy laws. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we collect your personal information.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded for quality, training and verification purposes. Even if your call is not recorded, we may collect personal information that you provide during telephone calls. In certain instances we may receive your personal information without asking for it from you or any third party. If so, we will check whether or not this information is reasonably necessary for the performance of our business functions and if it is, we will treat it in the same way as we treat other personal information. If it is not reasonably necessary, we will delete or de-identify such information.
How might we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- providing you with the Zetco goods or services you request
- promoting and marketing current and future Zetco products and services to you
- informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which we consider may be of interest to you
- conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Zetco’s current and future products or services
- to improve the operation or navigation of our website
- to assist us with answering your query or addressing your complaint
- we may use recorded telephone conversations for internal training purposes
- if you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Zetco products then we may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. We may also disclose the recording to third parties, including professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time we collect that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
Direct marketing is when we advertise our products or promotions to you directly, as opposed to in store or radio advertisements. We will only engage in direct marketing with you we consider you would reasonably expect us to do so. If you tell us you do not want to receive direct marketing from us we will comply with your request.
Other than as set out above, we will not use or disclose your personal information unless we have reasonable grounds to believe you have authorized us to or we are legally required or permitted to do so.
Will we give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers and printing services.
If we provide your personal information to a third party, we generally require the third party to protect your personal information in the same way we do.
Is my personal information secure?
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information we hold about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to us over the Internet (including via email) will be sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information we hold about you, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do you obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding Zetco’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- consider that we have breached the APPs,